Helpful
Replies

external call cdr

redrobish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help?

Some of our users received calls from "external numbers" and displaying "unknown number" even though the caller id is enable. How can we retrieve it or how to get the CDR from the CCM?

We got a CCM 4.1

thanks,

robert

12 Replies 12

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

Go into CallManager Servicability. This is all assuming CDR is configured properly on the CCM.

But under there, you should have CARS...CDR reporting.

You will have to enter your query data...like an extension and date for example.

I would read about it a little because the time is in GMT and the canned reporting can be hard to deal with. Unless you want to just query the CDR db manually.

Thanks e.huntley.

Can you give me the step by step? im new in CCM. Also when I can query the CDR db manually...

thanks,

robert

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

This is a useful link regarding CAR

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f5268.html

Here you can find serach options as e.huntley mentioned

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f52ba.html#wp1036756

this should server your purpose

To query the sql manually might be a bit complicated ...but we can cross that bridge if it comes

Thanks neesharm for the reply.

But still I can't see the "external number". The user said that he received a call displaying "external number". no displayed number on it. And when the user lift the handset, no one answers. it happens all the time to him.

My problem is how to retrieve that number?

hope you can help me on this.

thanks,

robert

if you run a report for the extension(user who said he recived call )using search by extension feature you should see some info ....

let me know what do u find ?

I see all the call details of the ext w/ 2 incoming calls. the user said it was a valid call to him.

I tried, by gateway then put nothing on route dn, I got some results but the date I need (may 9) is not there. it says " data is not available on date range. data is available only on April 20,2007 to May 7...". What will I do then?

thanks,

Robert

checklist which you can follow to make sure setting are correct

Check the following.

CDR Schedular service should be started and running (this one is one of the major reasons)

--------------------------------------------

System -> Enterprise parameter

Under the CDR Parameters section Verified these three parameter

CDR Format* = CDRs will be inserted into database.

CDR UNC Path = "\\\CDR>"

Local CDR Path* = C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallDetail

CDR Format* = CDRs will be inserted into database

------------ -----------------------------------------------------

Service -> Service Parameter

Selected the publisher and then subscriber.

Verify these service parameter in Both the publisher and subscriber.

under "system" section

CDR Enabled Flag* = "True"

CDR Log Calls with Zero Duration Flag* ="True"

------------ --------------------------------------------------------------

CDR Insert service should only be started Only on Publisher

On subscriber it should be Stopped

Application->sevicability ->tools ->service activation select the publisher.

Cisco CDR Insert activated in publisher.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

More links

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186

a0080100566.shtml

CDR Analysis and Reporting

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f5268.html

Your a great help!

I seems that I don't have these settings...

Do I need to set a separate pc for the CDR server? what pc specs? what sql server will i put? any other application?

Are those settings applicable to CCM 4.1?

sorry I just new in CDR things...

thanks,

robert

No you dont need a seprate PC. I asume that you are able to login to CAR tool and Generate reports only thing is that the data is missing for certain date.

Now first of all we need to find if the data is actually there in CDR database(which is where your CAR tool or ART databse pulls it )

These requires looking into sql tables in CDR databse ...since you are new to this I wud suggest opening a TAC case

Hi,

where do I find that?

sorry im new...

thanks,

Robert

Here's what I need.

the report needs to show what is the max number of calls consecutive calls incoming and outgoing combined at one time.

cause our telco advised us to lessen the ISDN calls from 120 to 60 calls.

I need this report...how can I do that?

thanks,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: