callerID is missing at plar connection

Unanswered Question
May 10th, 2007
User Badges:

hi

2851 ccme 3.3

manager has direct analogue line. For this i configured plar connection on fxo port for his second line.

he can receive calls from this analogue line and he can also call outside from this line.

config is below

problem is CallerID is missing for incoming calls .on phone display unknown number.

i directly connected analgue phone to the line and checked if the telco sends callrID . it is ok. on my cell phone i saw the callerID.

but when i connected it to the fxo port and made plar connection callerID is missing.

voice-port 0/2/3

description plar to ephone63 button2

timeouts wait-release 3

connection plar opx 99

caller-id enable

!

dial-peer voice 800 pots

incoming called-number .

port 0/2/3

!

dial-peer voice 801 pots

destination-pattern 801

port 0/2/3

!

ephone-dn 2

number 99

pickup-group 14

label direct line

hold-alert 30 originator

trunk 801 timeout 10

ephone 63

ephone-template 1

mac-address 0019.2F3A.2807

type 7940

button 1:12 2:2

thanks a lot

any idea?

thanks

Gokhan

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Thu, 05/10/2007 - 03:27
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi,

please configure "cptone " under voice-port, where is your country two letters code.

As a courtesy to these providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

senolgokhan Thu, 05/10/2007 - 23:35
User Badges:

hi

thanks for your answer but it has changed nothing. :(

voice-port 0/2/3

cptone TR

timeouts wait-release 3

connection plar opx 99

caller-id enable

paolo bevilacqua Fri, 05/11/2007 - 03:08
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi,

I understand that you have tried already with aphone and caller-id is displayed correctly ? Can you "collect debug vpm signal" ?

senolgokhan Fri, 05/11/2007 - 05:31
User Badges:

hi

attached the debug vpm

and i know that

[0/2/3] get_fxo_caller_id:Caller ID receive failed. parseCallerIDString:no data

but i tried with an analog phone and yes caller ID is displayed correctly on my cell phone.

but also i wanna notice soemthing.

during the test i call this fxo number(plar to the ip phone line2) from my cell phone and even on my cell phone i can hear called number is ringing , i check the ip phone and only after 10 seconds maybe it starts ringing.

i mean first 1 or 2 ringing tones are lost.

maybe the problem is related to this

what do you think

thanks again

Attachment: 
paolo bevilacqua Fri, 05/11/2007 - 11:53
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hello,

Why do you say that caller-id is displayed on your cellphone? It should be displayed on the analog phone that has a display for caller-id. this phone you connect to the line instead of the router, for a test.

regarding the post-delay dial, because you can have caller id between rings, that could be a reason for a slight delay.

senolgokhan Sun, 05/13/2007 - 21:39
User Badges:

I said cellphone but it is just test environment nothing else.

i connected the line to the analog phone instead of the router and called another analog phone also. I saw the caller-id is ok .

but when the line is connected to the router and plar config , there is no caller-id .

paolo bevilacqua Mon, 05/14/2007 - 04:07
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

hello,

I'm a bit confused because you say that you see the caller-id on another phone, but it should be seen on the phone connected to the line where the router has to be connected.

Anyway, it seems that TK has the same standard as French, Spain and few other countries. Try setting cptone to these contries. Also you can try some setting in the "caller-id"command, perhaps attentuation, to see it that helps.

senolgokhan Mon, 05/14/2007 - 05:22
User Badges:

let me explain detail

i have one pstn line(number is 5551234). i connect an analog phone(analog A) tho this line and when i call another analog phone(analog B) or cellphone , i can see the callerID. its ok .

but when i connect this pstn line(5551234) into the router fxo port and i make plar connection under fxo port for ip phone line 2.

and i call this number 5551234 from another pstn line , call is plared to the ip phone and ip phone rings but there is no callerID on the ip phone

.also added cptone-tr but it didnt fix the problem

thansk

paolo bevilacqua Mon, 05/14/2007 - 05:49
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi,

yes, I'm confirmed now that you are not testing correctly.

It does not mean anything that on your cellphone you see calling number 5551234.

What you have to do, is connect a telephone with caller-id display to 5551234, call this number, and observe that the caller number is on the display.

If number does not appears, you have to call telco and complain that you not see the number. Do not mention the router, just say you are using a regular phone with display that is of type approved by telco.

senolgokhan Mon, 05/14/2007 - 22:15
User Badges:

hi

you mean CLIP feature ok will check it. But didnt understand exactly why we need this. Because problem happens when i call from 5551234 line.

i call 3191234(another analogue line ) from 5551234 and callerID is ok. Doesnt it enough for the telco related topics. doesnt it means that the telco line sends CallerID 5551234.

but ofcourse i will follow your suggestion

thanks

paolo bevilacqua Tue, 05/15/2007 - 03:41
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

No is not.

What you really want is to see who is calling 5551234, not that someone else can see that 5551234 is calling them. At least that is what I understand.

Until you see the number on a telephone approved by telecom, you cannot be sure that telecom has activated the caller-id service.

Then you replace the telephone with the router and you should have caller-id working.

senolgokhan Tue, 05/15/2007 - 03:47
User Badges:

ok i got it.

i thought that if the caller id is ok then also clip will be ok.

i mean if i can send callerID from this line ,i can also get number info from the numbers that calling me. then i am wrong with that.

thanks for your help

I will give information after talked with telco.

i rated 5 .

bye

senolgokhan Mon, 05/14/2007 - 00:55
User Badges:

hi again

i tested in completely different platform

different ip phone different pstn line , everything is different but still no callerID

i attached the config and debug vpm output

again i tested the line with analog phone and it is ok. but when connect the line to the router there is no callerID

thanks

Attachment: 

Actions

This Discussion