Views
Helpful
Replies

Trace call handler caller input?

isteam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an auto attendant with menu options 0, 1-4, and the ability to press # to transfer to another extension.

Very frequently people are trying to access an internal extension and ending up at the wrong place, which happens to be one of the menu options. I feel there is a possibility of user error, but have no way of proving it without a log of what was pressed to get to the extension.

Is there any way to trace this in the Unity call handler?

Thanks,

-Matt

2 Replies 2

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

You can go into Unity, go to System Reports and run a Call Handler Traffic report.

What you may also want to do to avoid misdials is "unlock" the number for the menu option that overlaps your extensions. Most likely you have the key set to "Lock this key to this action". That could save you years of headaches and complaints!

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I went ahead and unlocked the keys so they wouldn't instantly dial, and also exposed the error messages as well so I could redirect incorrect key presses back to the same call handler. I think this will solve my issues.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: