cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.05 plays back recorded name AND extension

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have several Unity 4.05 servers, all configured the same. On one Unity server (4.05 with w2k3 sp1), when a user presses 2 to send a message and then enters the users number (as we have it configured in message addressing to dial the extension first), unity comes back and plays both the recorded name and the extension. All other unity servers play just the extension. Can someone please tell me what checkbox or setting I have overlooked? I just cant seem to find the issue, as small as it may be. (sometimes it takes that extra set of eyes :>) Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi SE,

I am pretty sure this is the Setting you are looking for (this is in conjunction with the Extension vs Name Addressing change that you have already done);

Changing How Subscribers Confirm Message Addressing

The Cisco Unity subscriber conversation can be customized to alter how Cisco Unity prompts a subscriber to confirm message addressing. By default, when a subscriber addresses a message, Cisco Unity plays the recorded name and extension of the intended recipient (or, when there is no recorded name, Cisco Unity plays the extension instead) and asks the subscriber to confirm that the recipient is correct.

By using the Advanced Settings Tool to change the registry, you can customize how Cisco Unity prompts subscribers to confirm message addressing.

Have a look at (Table 5-6) Confirmation Prompts During Message Addressing

From this 4.0.5 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080443988.html#wp1185076

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi SE,

I am pretty sure this is the Setting you are looking for (this is in conjunction with the Extension vs Name Addressing change that you have already done);

Changing How Subscribers Confirm Message Addressing

The Cisco Unity subscriber conversation can be customized to alter how Cisco Unity prompts a subscriber to confirm message addressing. By default, when a subscriber addresses a message, Cisco Unity plays the recorded name and extension of the intended recipient (or, when there is no recorded name, Cisco Unity plays the extension instead) and asks the subscriber to confirm that the recipient is correct.

By using the Advanced Settings Tool to change the registry, you can customize how Cisco Unity prompts subscribers to confirm message addressing.

Have a look at (Table 5-6) Confirmation Prompts During Message Addressing

From this 4.0.5 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080443988.html#wp1185076

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks very much, this helps tremendously. We always tell the users how important it is to record a name when completing first time enrollment (and we have the flag set to force this) however it doesnt seem to enforce this). This works great except for when a user hasnt recorded a name, as it does not default back to the extension..just plays "For "blank", press #" - but this is what I was looking for.

Thanks again!

Hi SE,

You are most welcome! Thanks for the nice remarks and rating :)

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: