cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Plus?

jimwysocki
Level 1
Level 1

Im sorry if this is a obvious answer someplace, but i looked and i couldn't find any significant information.

We have just purchased a 7206 VXR router with IP Plus. My question is that the IP Plus enable me to do that the standard ISO does not?

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jim

It may be some inconsistency in naming the feature sets. I have checked the Software Advisor on the Cisco site for versions of software for the 7206VXR. I have checked 12.2, 12.2T, 12.3, 12.3T, 12.4, and 12.4T. I find some versions that have IP, some that have IP BASE, and some that have IP PLUS. But I can not find any version that has both IP PLUS and either IP or IP BASE.

In general Cisco creates different feature sets to provide different levels of functionality. The base image for example might provide support for routing protocols of RIP and OSPF. With higher feature sets you would get support for IS-IS or BGP.

If you can provide some details about your environment, particularly the version of code you are talking about then we might be able to get into more details about differences in feature sets.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card