cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Login Prompts

dwhisinnand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. I hope this will be an easy one for you. I currently have AAA enabled on my switches and routers. The methods list is using the TACACS+ server first, then local as the failover. What I would like the switch to do is provide an alternate login prompt when the device has failed over to local when the ACS Server is unreachable. Presently the prompt is the default "Username" for both TACACS+ and the failover local. Is it possible to change the prompt when the device has failed to reach the ACS server and is now using local authentication? The delay in the login prompt appearing when local is being used should be enough for most to figure out, but I have a few users logging in that are having trouble and I would like to make it easier for them. Thanks for the help!!

1 Reply 1

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

Well there doesn't seem to be a method which would give you an alternate prompt when your Tacacs has failed.

-Hoogen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: