Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Redirect message

mohammedrafiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 services configured on my only CSS.

What I will like to do is , if both services become unavailable then it will display a message like " services down" we can host this message on diffrent web server.Please help me how to do this, does I have to add the ip address or URL of the server where this warning message host?

current config.

service test01

ip address 10.253.20.17

keepalive type tcp

keepalive port 443

active

service test02

ip address 10.253.20.18

keepalive type tcp

keepalive port 443

active

!*************************** OWNER ***************************

owner Hello

content Hello-SSL

vip address 10.253.20.14

add service test01

add service test02

advanced-balance sticky-srcip

sticky-inact-timeout 35

active

3 Replies 3

e-dennington
Level 1
Level 1

All you need to do is create another service with a type of redirect as shown:

service test-down

type redirect

ip address x.x.x.x -some unused IP address

redirect-string "serverdown.com"

active

Then in your content rule just add this new service. The default behavior of the CSS is to send traffic to any services of type local (which is what the default service type is). And if all local services are down it will send the redirect to the client which will ofward them to a page of your choosing.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, just a little 2 question,In the service where you mentioned unused ip address, Is this will be the ip where I want to redirect this page? and in redirect -string, "serverdown.com" Is this will be name of my server where this message is hosted?

regards,

The URL in quotes is what you will be redirected to. The IP address is just a placeholder as far as I can tell and isn't used. Here is a link that gives several examples of how to do a redirect:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps789/products_configuration_example09186a00801de8d6.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: