external mask on CME??

Unanswered Question
May 10th, 2007

Three small companies share a CME. They are business partners, so there is no any restriction on internal calls. For outgoing external calls, they want different calling number(caller id) for each company. For example, each company has a main number.

I need to do that on ephone-dn level, but I have no idea about the commands in CME.

We can configure "external mask" on line level with CallManager to resolve this problem. How can I do with CallManager Express?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 05/10/2007 - 11:52

Hi Michael,

If you have ISDN with DID you just configure the numbers so that on outgoing certain extensions are translated to the maind number,

If you have FXO lines, can use COR or the technique explained in the following document to do that:

You can also set AA-BACD so that auto attendant is give with personal greeting depending on the number called.

There is no concept of external maps so everything must be be done with DP and such configuration.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

thisisshanky Thu, 05/10/2007 - 11:59

If using a separate range for each company,

2XXX for company 1

3XXX for comapny 2

4XXX for company 3

and each of them have a separate DID range, then you can use dialplan patterns to achieve this.

dialplan-pattern 1 9728012... extension-length 4

dialplan-pattern 2 9728013... extension-length 4

dialplan-pattern 3 9728014... extension-length 4

PS: please remember to rate posts!

j.sillers Thu, 07/26/2007 - 07:37

The problem with the dialplan-pattern is that it started to intercept calls to Voicemail, adds the digits, then trys to send them out the PSTN links.

is there something else that will add the are-code and exchange to my extensions caller ID when placing an outbound call?

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 07/26/2007 - 08:03

Yes, translation-profile. For example:

voice-port 0/1:15

translation-profile outgoing add-area

voice translation-profile add-area

translate calling 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 // /980586/

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

j.sillers Thu, 07/26/2007 - 08:18

This seems to be the right way. Thank you. I have added the translation and profile and have asked the site to test.

This Discussion