cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER: PSAP Call Back

jfn
Level 1
Level 1

For my inbound gateways I have 4 as the significant digits. For my PSAP call back do I need to change the route point from 913XXXXXXXXXX to 913XXXX or should I leave it as default? And do I need to shorten my ELINS to 4 digits as well?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

You shouldn't need to change the 913XXXXXXXXXX. The way that CER is suppose to be configured in callmanager for PSAP callback is as followed.

In this scenerio we will say that for your range of numbers that the psap will call back on are 222-222-2220 through 222-222-2229.

1. Router sends 4 digits to callmanager 2229.

2. This hits a translation pattern in your E911 partition we will say that it is 222X.

3. The translation pattern adds 913222XXXX to the calling number

4. This matches your CTI Route point of 913XXXXXXXXXX which is what hands the call off to CER so that it can do it's translation back to original number that called 911.

HTH

Please rate helpfull posts

Thank you for the quick response.

In our case only 4 is being sent to the CER not 10

#1 Inbound call from router sends 2229 to call manager.

#2 Call manager matches it to a translation pattern of 2229 with a called party transform mask of 2229 and a prefix digits of 913.

#3 Call Manager send the digits to the CTI route point of 913XXXX

#4 CER server configured with PSAP Callback Route Point Pattern of 913XXXX and strip 913 leaving the XXXX as the elin.

My Elins should then be 2220 ? 2229 correct?

Just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Correct!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: