CCNP exams!

Unanswered Question
May 10th, 2007
User Badges:

Does anybody know how long any of the four CCNP exam last before they expire? I mean, if you have a valid ccna,and you take one ccnp exam, how long does that ccnp exam last before you have to take the next one? Sorry my question is too long. Thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scottmac Thu, 05/10/2007 - 13:49
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

Exams are generally good for three years.

If you took one 642- exam, then waited two years, you'd have to finish the remaining exams within a year to get certification, or the original exam would expire on the third-year anniversary.

Good Luck

Scott

foeadefinal Thu, 05/10/2007 - 14:24
User Badges:

Thank you Scott.I guess I have to hurru up then to finish the remaining exams!

jasdanie Sun, 05/13/2007 - 12:50
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Following up on this question, then, does this mean that on the third anniversary of the passing of his first exam, he will have to recertify? Or will that certification be valid for the three years AFTER he passes his last exam. I am in a very similar position.

Regards,

scottmac Sun, 05/13/2007 - 15:16
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

The Certification is good for three years after having passed the last requirement for the certification.

If the first exam you passed was due to expire the day after you passed the final requirement, your cert would still be good for three years (or whatever the term for the given cert). If you didn't pass the final requirement, then that exam would expire and you'd need to pass two (the one that expired, and the one you failed).

Good Luck

Scott

jasdanie Mon, 05/21/2007 - 04:00
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Thanks for the info, Scott.

I just passed another one, so it's great to know that info.

dgoodridge Tue, 05/22/2007 - 00:49
User Badges:

Can someone check my logic please.

If I passed the BSCI in 2003 it's valid for three years. Then I pass my CCNP in 2006 which is also valid for three years. If I want to pass the CCIP in 2007 is the BSCI still valid? It's worth noting that the prereq for CCIP ISN'T CCNP it's BSCI which would be 4 years old, but would it still count because the BSCI was renewed when the CCNP was passed in 2006?

Does that make any sense? lol :P

Actions

This Discussion