Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible error in BAT 5.3(2) with CCM 4.2.3 sr1

dfokin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I think, there is a bug in BAT. I tried to create a phone template for a 7971 phone. I have filled all required fields, but after pressing the "Insert" button I received "Error No." message.

After quick investigatement I have found, that the problem is in the file called UserPhoneConfig.asp. The problematic function is updateDevice. There is an external function call:

rsInsertFromFile.phoneTemplate(strOldFileName, strFileName, strData, 2, strTempPath,"copy")

When the length of strData is more then 1326 symbols, this call does not work. Has anybody fixed this alredy?

6 Replies 6

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

do you think this is related to following bug

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsg59420

Yep, this is exactly this bug. The stated workaround works for 7941G-GE phone, but does not work for 7941, because strData, created for it with all settings set to default values is large enough, to create problems with the external function call.

Moreover, when I add 7971 phone in ordinary way and then try to edit its settings, I receive another error. I think, this problem is caused by the same thing.

I'm getting the same problem with 7941 templates and BAT 5.3(0.1) (Callmanager 4.3(1)SR1A). When I try to insert the new template i get the error No. message window.

Someone found a workaround?

Have you tried to install latest update to your CCM version?

Sure. CCM 4.3(1) SR1A (29-AUG-2007) using OS 2003.1.2aSR3 (18-SEP-2007). Stil the problem exists.

Did you install new BAT version after paching CCM?

--

regards,

pk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: