Views
Helpful
Replies

3640 some sites slow...

Tim Glen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Ive got a 3640 that is running as a router on a stick with a 2924.

The 3640 routes traffic for 5 vlans.

My ISP is Verizon FIOS, 15Mb\2Mb. So my ISP's network link is fairly fast. In general everything works however , some sites are just horribly slow.... like ebay & a few php forum sites ... At my work the sites are flying fast . I'm wondering if something on the 3640 is not optimal....

Please take a look at my config and point out any issues you may see.

The router has lots going on. IPNAT, QoS for Vonage, IPSEC tunnen and the processor is typically at 20 - 25% util.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

A 3640 is quite anemic, and I doubt it has the horsepower to do all you need it to do. 3640's do NAT and VPN in software and never had high hardware routing numbers to begin with. Do a "show proc cpu", and if CPU utilization gets up above 50%, you should consider buying a new router, or splitting the load between two routers. (one for routing between the VLAN's and another for the Internet connection that's doing NAT and VPN) A 2821 should work great in this situation.

For More information please click following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a0080091f6f.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: