cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with software repository and c1200-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA1.tar

Jeff Law
Level 1
Level 1

I am using RME (4.0.5 running on Windows 2003) to store all the IOS versions on all our devices, and our wireless access points keep coming up in the list of devices that arent archived on the server. but they are.

Looking on the server I can see the image stored, and if I redo one of them, it fails bacause it says that the IOS is already stored.

Any one else have this problem. I know its not a major in the scheme of things but it is annoying always having to ignore these devices.

I notice on the server, it places this IOS in its own directory ..\swim\AP1200_SW.

Perhpas there is a bug in that this directory is not checked for when the list is created.

Regards

Jeff

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like a bug I found and fixed in RME 4.0.5, but since you already have 4.0.5, this must be something new. Enable SoftwareManagement debugging, re-run the out-of-sync report, and post the directory pertaining to this job ID. If you are worried about posting sensitive information, please open a TAC service request and include the job directory there.

Thanks. I'll organise a TAC case next week.

Looking through it I see the following amongst other things:

Processing device1

cat4000-i5s-mz.121-19.EW1.bin is already present in the library.

Processing device2

c1200-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA1.tar is added to the synch report.

I am able to reproduce this, and I see what is going on. I should have a bug and patch ready soon.

I filed CSCsi86876 to track this problem (maybe). When you open your TAC service request, reference this bug, and a patch can be made available for you to test. It works for me, but you may have a slightly different problem. The swim_debug.log from the job directory as well as from the standard logfile location will help determine the exact problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: