Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Operations Manager 1.1, performance graph cannot be produced

sr2290723
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm using Cisco Unified Operations Manager (OM) v1.1 to monitor my IPT deployment. When I want to create performance graph for the voice gateway, an error message appears. The error said that OM doesn't manage the Call Manager where the corresponding gateway have registered.

When I investigate the error log, it is said that OM cannot collect data. The device is experiencing communication problems.

I have checked about wrong credentials (username / password). But it's not the problem.

What kind of problem may happen in this case? I really need this graph for my periodical report.

For any help and reply, really thanks in advance.

Regards,

Wiyandi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Wiyandi,

Here's some things to look at:

Check if GPF server is up using: NMSROOT\bin\pdshow GPF

Make sure the devices are in monitored state. If not it cannot get any data as all of the data comes via http. Devices -> Device Mgmt.

If not edit credentails under Devices -> Device Credentials.

Check if csv files are written under NMSROOT\data\#GSUDATA# for the named device.

Check if polling is enabled under admin settings for voice health/data.

Check whether the device is in partially monitored state. If the device is in partially monitored state then check whether the windows username and password are entered as the primary credentials in DCR.

Check the error log file (NMSROOT\data\gsu\_#GSUDATA#_\Error.log) to see whether there have been any errors while collecting data for the device.

Following is the list of strings that can be found in the error messages and the probable causes for the errors.

- Cannot collect WMI* * if there is a communication problem with device.

- Incomplete WMI counters if there is an error occurred while processing the data.

- No WMI counter if no data is available in the device.

WMI credentials are your Admin login credentials to WINDOWS, not the application. They go under primary credentials in the DCR page on the screen you add snmp communites. OM -> Devices -> Device Credentials.

And finally, check out the Detailed Device View (DDV), look under the "Unity Version" for this device, if that is blank, it's likely your hitting bug CSCsh46239.

Hopefully this helps to determine the source of the problems.

-Joe

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Wiyandi.

Can you please cut-and-paste the actual error message, and the logged error to this forum, and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

-Joe

These are the error messages when I choose performance :

There has been no data for the past 64 Min.

This could be caused by one of the following:

- The data file has not been created.

- The data file does not have valid data.

- The chosen metric may not be applicable for this device.

Cisco Unified Operations Manager is not managing the Cisco CallManager to which the following MGCP gateway(s)

are registered: 10.185.xx.xx.

These are the error messages I got from error log in NMSROOT\CSCOPX\DATA\GSU\error.log

14-May-2007 09:36:00 ICT,10.185.xx.x,10.185.xx.x,Cannot collect data. The device is experiencing communication problems.

14-May-2007 09:36:00 ICT,IDPDNCCMSUB01,10.185.yy.y,Cannot collect data. The device is experiencing communication problems.

14-May-2007 09:36:00 ICT,10.185.73.1,10.185.zz.z,Cannot collect data. The device is experiencing communication problems.

14-May-2007 09:36:00 ICT,10.185.aa.a,10.185.aa.a,Cannot collect data. The device is experiencing communication problems.

Strangely, the performance graph can appear at voice gateways which function as SRST router.

Thanks a lot, pal.

Wiyandi

Hi Wiyandi,

Here's some things to look at:

Check if GPF server is up using: NMSROOT\bin\pdshow GPF

Make sure the devices are in monitored state. If not it cannot get any data as all of the data comes via http. Devices -> Device Mgmt.

If not edit credentails under Devices -> Device Credentials.

Check if csv files are written under NMSROOT\data\#GSUDATA# for the named device.

Check if polling is enabled under admin settings for voice health/data.

Check whether the device is in partially monitored state. If the device is in partially monitored state then check whether the windows username and password are entered as the primary credentials in DCR.

Check the error log file (NMSROOT\data\gsu\_#GSUDATA#_\Error.log) to see whether there have been any errors while collecting data for the device.

Following is the list of strings that can be found in the error messages and the probable causes for the errors.

- Cannot collect WMI* * if there is a communication problem with device.

- Incomplete WMI counters if there is an error occurred while processing the data.

- No WMI counter if no data is available in the device.

WMI credentials are your Admin login credentials to WINDOWS, not the application. They go under primary credentials in the DCR page on the screen you add snmp communites. OM -> Devices -> Device Credentials.

And finally, check out the Detailed Device View (DDV), look under the "Unity Version" for this device, if that is blank, it's likely your hitting bug CSCsh46239.

Hopefully this helps to determine the source of the problems.

-Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't solve this problem yet.

The GPF Server is up, and the devices are in monitored state.

Polling is enabled on every devices. I tried to reenable all polling settings in every devices registered in Operation Manager, but still the same problem occurs.

What do you mean by WMI ? Could you please explain about this? I still don't know about it.

And about the bug, I currently do not insert Cisco Unity as one of the devices. So, this bug has no connection to my problem.

Thanks a lot, pal.

Wiyandi

Hi Joe,

My problem has been solved. The core issue is that I inserted wrong information in enable password field in CCM credentials. Actually Call Manager doesn't have any enable password right ? After I reinsert the CCM by leaving the enable password field empty, everything back to normal. Many thanks for your kind help, Joe. Nice to know you.

Regards,

Wiyandi

wiyandi@mastersystem.co.id

Hi Wiyandi.

I'm glad to hear this is now resolved, and thank you for following-up to this thread so that if others run into this, they may have a better idea as to where to check first. :-)

Best Regards,

-Joe