cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BRI to E1 conversion

okanyilmaz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a terminal with BRI interface, and i want to communicate it with central switch.

My connection to central office is E1.

I have a 2811 with NM-8b-s/t for BRI interface and Vwic2-1mft-e1 for E1.

I am trying to use the router as a bri-e1 convertor.

Does anyone have an idea to do this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

8 Replies 8

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

OK, if your remote site router is a 2811 and

terminals dial into this router this will work fine. The remote site router 2811 will manage the traffic from one interface to another.

Do no hesitate to post a new message if you need help configuring BRI interfaces :)

BR,

Bjornarsb

Hi,

The problem is, there is no dialing. The terminal in the branch is a computer connected to the router through Diva BRI PCI interface. Ive found some configuration examples in the net but all of them were about dialing.

The terminal is not using dial-access so, yes,

i will be very happy if you have some configuration examples regarding to this topic

Thank you.

Hi,

You cannot interconnect a BRI directly to a BRI. BRI is just for dial/signaling and need to be connected via a telephone switch.

So actually you have 2 options.

(We are using both)

The terminals with BRI interface has to dial directly to your central site.

You can buy new terminals with wireless connection or docking station. And the terminals will communicate with your PC.

The PC communicates via Ethernet to your 2811 to get to your Central site.

HTH,

Regards,

Bjornarsb

Hi,

What do you mean the terminal does not use dial-access? Does it use ISDN leased line?

Do you have any other way to connect this terminal?

You may use a VIC2-2BRI and it should work, but the terminal must be using dial.

See: http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00804794c6.shtml

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi mate,

I think the case is that he wants to connect a cable directly from the terminal bri to the 2811 bri.

As I have posted , this is not possible :)

BR,

Bjornarsb

With a VIC2-2BRI that support network side, it would be possible. Then it depends on what the terminal wants to do.

i want to know very basic details about bri and pri ,

can any one massage me soon?

BRI: basic rate interface , up to 128 kbit/s

2 B + 1 D.

PRI: Primary rate interface, up to 2048 kbit/s

30 B

one B channel is 64 kbit/s the D channel is used for signalling and its 16 kbit.

BR,

Bjornarsb

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card