Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Manitoring Tool

aramaphosa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

please advice me on which monitoring tool i can use to manage WAN links, bandwidth, uptime, get alerts, generate reports for account managers.

And also adivce on what to look for when buying a monitoring tool.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

martin.elliott
Level 1
Level 1

Massive question, but if your network is not to large then Cisco Works Small Network Management Suite is a good option.

You get some of the best bits of Cisco Works, resource manager essentials which will keep your configs and give you some reports. And you also get Whats Up Gold which will draw pictures and change colour when something goes wrong.

Martin

jasonfaraone
Level 4
Level 4

Netcrunch is a decent product which can manage everything you asked for, and it's a good deal cheaper than something along the lines of NNM. I've had pretty good luck, and it's alerts are quite configurable.

Regarding bandwidth / netflow collection, I went with a different tool, though. Paessler offers a product called PRTG Traffic Grapher, which is essentially an easy to configure and install clone of MRTG. It can also graph almsot any SNMP value, monitor and graph latency between hosts at branch sites, etc.

I highly recommend both PRTG and Netcrunch.

Regarding what to look for, get a demo. Both of the products I mention have a trial version, and you should be looking for a solution that does everything you want, the way you want ;)

shahbaztyagi
Level 1
Level 1

Try ANM, it has auto discovery with lots of monitoring features.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: