cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Listening to voice messages from outside line

g.lacoursiere
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I did not find the documentation, on how users can retreive thier voice message, from an ouside number, let say from home, for example.

Can someone direct me to the documentation on how to configure that with cisco unity express/cme and a 2851 router.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You have to set up an external number that redirects the call to Unity number.

You have to give this instructions to the people taht is going to access Unity:

When the hear the Unity welcome promt, dials *, then dials their number extension, after #, and the system will ask by the password follow by #.

So the process is: * + extension + # + mailbox password + #.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Hi,

I am not shure to fully understand. Presently, users can take their voice message from internal phones, by pressing the "message" button on their phone, or by dialing 33. So now their is a number associated with the voice mail. But when they are on the road, and thaht they press th following "* + extension + #", it does not bring them to their voicemail to retreive their message. Even I I try to dial 33 from an outside call, it does not bring me to unity center. Instead, it brings them back to the menu.

Waht do you mean by set up an external number that redirects the call to Unity number ?

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: