cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CB21 a/b/g and Lenovo 3000 Laptop

bm_5789
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Lenovo 3000 C200 laptop with the intel 3945 card disabled and the intel utility uninstalled. Then I install the Cisco cb21 a/b/g card along with the latest cisco ADU 3.6. I use leap and mac authentication with an acs appliance. Everything works just fine as long as ac adapter is connected. Once I disconnect the ac power, the activity indicator on the card shuts off and the link indicator stays on solid. My network connection will soon get to the point where I will have to reconnect the ac power and either reboot or rauthenticate. We have several other IBM laptops, ie., T22, T23, T60, R50 and R51, all using cb21 without any problems. Lenovo support advised to upgrade BIOS which I did with no improvement. Then they said, it's not their problem and to go to Cisco. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice for this problem? TIA

7 Replies 7

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

This is due to insufficient power on the Laptop. Try to remove the Intel Card and other accessories as it might consume some power.You can try to changes the slot.

I knew it was a power issue! Lenovo didn't have a clue. I disabled the internal wireless adapter but it doesn't make a difference. I don't know what else to disable.

jaichauh
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

It seems that your adaptor has been configured for Fast or Max power saver mode and Lenovo bettery is not capable of giving enough power to adaptor to operate.

Please check and configure your client adaptor to use CAM (Constantly Awake Mode).

Go to Profile Management-->Advanced-->Power save mode-----> select CAM from the drop down menu.

Please go through the following link to setup advanced option under ADU:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/cb21ag/icg06/winch5kh.htm

Please reply for any issues.

Thanks!

-Jai

JC

Hello,

I have already done that, as all of our cb21a/b/g cards are set to CAM. It happens only with this particular laptop model.

Is the laptop running the latest BIOS? Might be worth flashing it if it isn't.

Yes it is. That was the only suggestion tech support at lenovo offered. Thanks for the reply.

That's good news, feel free to rate my post if you think I deserve it : )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: