Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE link redundancy

limtohsoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sir,

I have one unit Cisco WAE-612 to be deployed at a data center, which consists of two core/distribution switches. I'm configuring WCCPv2 to intercept traffic for optimization.

The WAE-612 has two 10/100/1000BASE-T interfaces. At first, I'm planning to connect only one GE interface to one of the distribution switches on a single VLAN.

If link redundancy is required using both GE interfaces, how do I connect the WAE now? Each GE goes to one of the core/dist. switches? WCCP run on two subnets?

Please advise.

Thank you.

B.Rgds,

Lim TS

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

They are in seperate networks.Cisco WAE devices can be transparently deployed in-line using an optional 4-port network interface card with the ability to fail-to-wire in the event of a software or hardware failure, preserving traffic flow in both directions and ensuring no loss of network connectivity. Refer URL

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6474/products_data_sheet0900aecd80329e39.html

Hi Carlos,

In my data center scenario, how can I utilize both the GE interfaces on the WAE?

Do you typically recommend in-line deployment over interception deployment?

Thank you.

B.Rgds,

Lim TS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: