cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I need SEC or HSEC?

paul
Level 1
Level 1

I'm about to purchase a C1841 router that will need to allow people with the Cisco VPN client (and perhaps a remote PIX at a later date) to connect to our LAN.

From what I've been able to find on the Cisco site the HSEC enables a hardware VPN module, while the SEC allows software VPN only. I don't imagine having more than a handful of simultaneous VPN connections, all but one of them being transient.

Am I right in thinking the SEC image will suffice? Are there any benefits to going with the costlier HSEC?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Paul

If you are sure that you are gonna have handful of vpn connections you can go ahead with SEC image itself but do keep in mind about the future may be after some point of time you may require more vpn connections.

so plan accordingly and move on with your configurations.

regds

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Paul

If you are sure that you are gonna have handful of vpn connections you can go ahead with SEC image itself but do keep in mind about the future may be after some point of time you may require more vpn connections.

so plan accordingly and move on with your configurations.

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: