cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11506 Reverse Proxy

dclee
Level 1
Level 1

Currently CSS terminates SSL connections for 2 backend web servers. Do these web servers need to be physically connected the CSS switch module ? Or can I move them to another segment of the network ?

Right now the reverse proxy function stops working if I move those web servers off the switch module of the CSS

Thanks

Dave

2 Replies 2

if the CSS is on another segment

different than the servers and there is a firewall in between then you must allow the keepalives to traverse through the firewall between the CSS and the servers. In case of either a router/firewall between two segments ,you need to make sure that return traffic doesnt bypass CSS.You can achieve this by using source natting.

Syed

Okay, well right now my CSS and the web servers are on the same segment. I'll get this working first before I move them across the firewall interface. Is there any special config I need to do on the CSS in order to get the connections working on the same segment but off the switch nodule of the CSS ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: