cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11506 Reverse Proxy

dclee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a need to terminate 2 SSL connections on our CSS11506. The backend web connections are http 80. In order for this to work do the web servers need to be connected to the CSS switch ports or can I have then located on another segment (seperate switch) and simply have the CSS redirect to them via in place routing.

Cheers

Dave

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave

You don't have ti directly attach the servers to the CSS. They can be located on another switch in the same vlan or another switch in a different vlan.

HTH

Jon

Thanks Jon, for some reason when I move the servers off the CSS module and onto the same segment but different switch I can no longer make the connection.

The other problem I noticed after sniffing the traffic is that the client arps to the CSS VIP for the HTTPS connection, then makes the HTTP connetion directly to the backend server. Which is not what I want, I need the CSS to be handling all of the communication to the backend web servers.

Any thoughts

Are your real servers setup to use the CSS as their default gateway?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: