cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 config with 4FXO VIC, voice-ports?

jmrosenfeld
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure the voice-ports on a 2800 router with a 4 port FXO VIC and when I issue the voice-port command it only shows ports 50-50 so I use

voice-port 50/0/1 and it comes back with invalid input at marker and it points to the 50.

boot-start-marker

boot system flash flash:c2800nm-ipvoice-mz.124-4.T.bin

boot system flash flash:c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.123-8.T8.bin

boot-end-marker

Lights on the FXO card are lit up but I do not have any cables plugged into them, am I missing something?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

voice port 50 is for ephones that you may not have. Do you have PVDM2 in the router? Do show diag to know.

pvdm2, sorry I'm not sure what that is.

The show diag shows the VIC card is installed

I can configure the voice-card 0-2 but I don't see the voice-slots 0-4 when trying to configure those.

Thanks.

I'm guessing this is the info on the pvdm2?

WIC Slot 1:

2nd generation - FXO Voice daughter card (4 port)

Hardware Revision : 5.0

Top Assy. Part Number : 800-21589-01

Board Revision : E0

Deviation Number : 0-0

Fab Version : 04

PCB Serial Number : FOC092447VB

RMA Test History : 00

RMA Number : 0-0-0-0

RMA History : 00

No, that is the voice card itself. To enable voice on ISR router you also need codecs in form of modules called PVDM2 that goes fitted in the router motherboard. Ask were you bought the router.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Ah I see; I have one router that shows them in teh show diag but the one in questions odes not. Is there any way to pop them out of one router and put them into another?

Thanks.

Sure, it's a small module similar fitted in PVDM labeled slots on the mainboard. It is quite an easy job and if you look in the hardware documentation there are all the details.

As a courtesy to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: