cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading WCS 4.0.81.0 to 4.0.87.0 ?????

isdept
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do an upgrade from 4.0.81.0 to 4.1.83.0 but release notes say to upgrade to 4.0.87.0 first, since users, etc. wont migrate. My question is: when I go through the install, it tells me I have WCS already installed. I say of and continue, it then says it's using port 80 and I should change this to go forward. Well, I am just trying to upgrade and not install another WCS on the server. Is there a process I am missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cool. Glad to be of help

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Stop the WCS service before you upgrade.

Are you doing on windows or Linux?

I am upgrading a Windows 2003 Server.

isdept
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I stopped the WCS Service, which also stopped Apache and the DB. Did the upgrade, now the WCS will not start. DB and Apache is running. I get "the NMS_Server service could not be started. A system error has occured. system error 1067 has occurred.

Any ideas what to do next?

Have you rebooted the server?

Yup, rebooted twice. Stopped and tried to restart the WCS. Same error.

Ok, I have figured a good upgrade process that everyone can use.

Stop WCS Service via Programs

Backup your WCS4.0 folder.

Backup DB via Programs

Run upgrade - Don't worry about the message that you have another WCS on the same server

Reboot

Run restore and point to where you backed up the DB.

Restart WCS

Thanks Eric for your suggestions.

Cool. Glad to be of help

Huge success! I got brave and went another version upgrade. I am now on the latest 4.1.83.0 and its working like a charm. Thanks again! Oh, I did have a conflict with the 4.0 version still running. How do I uninstall just the 4.0 version or change the service to not autostart at bootup?

I believe under control panel| administrative tools | services, set it to disable.

I would leave it for now, there may be some shared dlls, etc..

I run WCS on linux and it is all contained under /opt/WCS4.xxxx

Plus the upgrade on linux is as follows:

backup, remove , install , restore. So, in essence, it is not really an upgrade, but installing a newer version and then importing the data

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: