Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DUCS

Hi

somebody has the program ducs (Domino Unified Communications Services ) to send me?

Thanks

Peterson

5 Replies 5

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The DUCS software is a Lotus Domino product and must be obtained directly from IBM/Lotus. Three files are provided:

csServer?must be installed in all the Domino servers that have mail files for Cisco Unity subscribers. The Domino server must be stopped in order to install csServer.

csAdmin?must be installed on a Domino server that has a replica of the address book.The Domino server must be running in order to install csAdmin.

csClient?installs the forms and voice inbox folder that are needed in order to listen and send voice messages on Cisco Unity enabled Lotus Notes client workstations.

csClient must be installed on every subscriber machine with a Lotus Notes Client that is used in order to listen to voice messages.

Check this link

http://www-142.ibm.com/software/sw-lotus/products/product4.nsf/wdocs/ducshomepage

Is that the case with Unity 4.2 versions?

Reason I ask is because, when we produced a quote from Cisco, there was this following part number.

ITEM:UnityU4-200USR-DC

Description: Unity UM Domino, 200 users, 16 session, 2TTS, incl DUC.

What does "incl DUC" mean. Does that mean, DUC is now shipped with Unity software? Or does it mean it includes license for DUC?

I had this same issue with 4.2 and domino, the unity software pack should have included a CD with the DUC software but it rarely ships with the product. My experience was 1 order out of 5 contained the DUC disc. I believe that we opened a case and were provided the software via download.

Hi.

And you can send me the DUCS?

Thanks

Thanks. If anyone runs into the mess in the future, keep these part numbers handy

80-8057-03 PMEDIA,UNITY,DUC,ML,1.2.3

80-8057-03 PMEDIA,UNITY,DUC,ML,1.2.2 (old version)

UNITY-DOM-KIT (for switching between domino and exchange)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: