inaccessible_boot_device error on CallManager Server

Unanswered Question
May 12th, 2007

I got the following error message on my CCM publisher server

" stop: 0x00000007B

inaccessible_boot_device, if this is the first time you hvae seen this stop error screen restart your computer, if this appear again followup these steps

Check for virus on your computer, remove an newly installed hard drives or hard drive controller, to make sure it is propably configured run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer"

Any one can help me to solve this problem ?

Regards

Mohamed

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
thisisshanky Sat, 05/12/2007 - 16:44

Mohammed,

Are you trying to install Callmanager and you are getting this error message ? This may be a problem with the SCSI drivers. I have seen this error if using the inappropriate hardware detection discs to install OS image on MCS servers. I am talking about 2000.2.x images and not 2000.4.x.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

moabdallah Sat, 05/12/2007 - 19:17

I am not trying to to install

This CCM PUB server works for one year

CM version 4.1

Today, stop and give this error

Do you know how can i recover the server ?

Regards

Mohamed

moabdallah Sun, 05/13/2007 - 02:34

The server stoped

Windows is not loaded, and I can't excute any command !

Regards

Mohamed

neesharm Sun, 05/13/2007 - 02:46

I have seen similar issues when boot,ini file gets corrupted .....Do you have a BARS backup of the existing server ?

If yes you might want to try rebuilding the server.

Is it an IBM or HP server ?

Here is a list of possible reasons why it might happen

1. The system cannot access the boot device. Often, this message signifies a disk

controller configuration problem or an error in accessing the hard disk. This clearly

indicates that Windows has lost access to the system partition during startup.

2. Another possible cause is that, during initialization of the I/O system, the driver

for the boot device failed to initialize the boot device (device not available, SCSI

error).

3. Another possibility is that the file system could not recognize the data on the boot

device. The message also might mean that a virus has infected the boot sector

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE is almost invariably caused because Windows 2000 does not have an

appropriate driver available for the hard disc controller in your machine. It performs the

initial copy operation in DOS mode, but then it restarts and attempts to start up in

full-on Win2K mode, and without a driver it cannot find the boot disc--hence the error.

The solution is to find out what the hard disc controller in your PC actually is, download

a driver for it, put it on a floppy, and then press F6 near the beginning of Win2K setup

(when it asks you if you want to specify any additional hard disc controllers ) and

install the driver.

slopes Sun, 05/13/2007 - 04:39

Hi i faced the same prob with subscriber CCM,i did reboot few times and also make sure there is no hardware prob.i can't even go to safe mode.i use ERD commander 2005 and verify the boot.ini and just save the file and reboot the server after changes and u can see the subscriber is able to boot but only it run through chkdsk.

Problem resolved.

Rgds

Sanjeev

moabdallah Sun, 05/13/2007 - 09:45

Hi,

What is the ERD commander 2005 ?

How can I verify that boot.ini is not corrupted ?

I can't get the command prompt

Regards

Mohamed

Actions

This Discussion