cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT stats goes insane

nikolay-shopik
Level 1
Level 1

Just after loading geting insane numbers on static translations, sometimes it's falls in dynamic. And I can't even remove static translation or clear ip nat translations *.

If I enter sh ip nat translations nothing suspicious just about 10-30 dynamic translations.

Total active translations: 1 (4294967295 static, 2 dynamic; 1 extended)

Outside interfaces:

ATM0/0/0.50

Inside interfaces:

FastEthernet0/1

Hits: 3405 Misses: 10

CEF Translated packets: 3379, CEF Punted packets: 67

Expired translations: 10

Dynamic mappings:

-- Inside Source

[Id: 1] access-list 100 pool MTU-pool refcount 0

running on cisco 2811 with c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-11.XJ3.bin

6 Replies 6

joshua.walton
Level 1
Level 1

Please reply with your config.

Thanks!

Here is running-config, but I also think this is just some bug in IOS, going to upgrade one of LD release instead ED.

You may hit the same (apparently cosmetic) bug even in a GD. In exchange, you will loose the feature by which IOS ask if you want to clear nat entries when configuring "no ip nat ...", older IOS requires that you clear translations first from exec mode.

But I give try anyway, because this is not only bug I already seen after all.

I also don't understand why it force me use extendable static nat routes, even if i don't ask it to do it.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes I saw this as well. Looks no bug is filed for that. I would be good to go to the TAC and work to have one created. The thing is that in my case everything worked fine. Bad logic in counter keeping apparently.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: