cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to transfer a voice mail to other party?

kenng2086
Level 1
Level 1

May I consult you how to transfer a voice mail to other party by using IP Phone?

5 Replies 5

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

can you provide the details of what you want to achieve..

I mean do you want to forward all voice mails to a diffrent phone or do you want to all the calls to go to that extension too ?

I am sorry but i failed to understand the requirement

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ken,

Here is the method;

Forwarding a Message by Phone

Messages marked private cannot be forwarded by phone or from the Cisco Unity Inbox. This includes any voice message that you or another Cisco Unity subscriber marked private, and any e-mail message that you or another sender marked private in Outlook.

Do the following procedure to forward a message as is or to record an introduction that plays before the forwarded message when using either the standard or Optional conversation 1 styles.

To Forward a Message (Standard and Optional Conversation 1 Styles)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 After listening to the message, press 5 when using standard conversation style.

After listening to the message, press 6 when using Optional conversation 1 style.

Step 2 Follow the Cisco Unity conversation to address the forwarded message. Press ## to switch between spelling and number entry. (To address the message to a private list, you must switch to number entry.)

Step 3 Once the message is addressed, do one of the following:

Press # to forward the message as is.

Skip to Step 4 to record an introduction.

Skip to Step 6 to change addressing, set special delivery, change recording, or review message.

Step 4 Press 2 to record an introduction.

Step 5 Press # to forward the message with the introduction.

Or

Skip to Step 6 to change addressing, set special delivery, change recording, or review message.

Step 6 Press 3 for message options.

Step 7 Press # to forward the message.

Step 8 Follow the Cisco Unity conversation to handle the original message.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080647595.html#wp1307304

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

When you forward a message either in Standard or Optional conversations, you can record and introduction before forwarding the message. When the message reaches the requested party, the subscriber will hear the introduction then the message. If this person forwards the message to a 3rd party, and also wants to include an introduction can the original introduction from the 1st party that forward the message be removed and add a new introduction?

I cant find anything that will tell me how to remove introductions from original messages in Unity 4.2

trying to match the old VM system in where users were able to remove introductions and forward just the message even if the message was forwarded multiple times with more than one introduction.

Thanks

Armando

Hi Armando,

I am not on site right now so I can't test this out for you :( If I remember correctly the way you want it to work is the default already, so if the 3rd Party forwards the Message and records a new introduction it automatically erases/overwrites the first introduction. Can you try this out.

Thanks,

Rob

I tried but the introductions remains from aprevious subscribers. Looks like a single .wav file.

Maybe I have to do it via Custom Keys.

Thanks

I'll let you know.

Armando

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: