Callmanager & Rightfax integration

Unanswered Question
May 13th, 2007

I have a CCM cluster v4.1(3) and 2 CMM modules on 2 Catalyst 6506 configured as MGCP gateways. Each CMM module has 4 PRI interfaces connected to the PSTN.

Both voice and fax calls come throuth these PRIs. We recently purchased a RightFax server v9.3 with a Brooktrout TR1034 card that we want to integrate with the CCM and Exchange.

I need some assistance designing this integration. Follow my questions:

1- After doing some research on the CCO, I found that the only way to keep the MGCP configuration on the gateways (which is required) is to configure Cisco Fax Relay mode instead of T.38 mode.

Are there any drawbacks in using Cisco Fax Relay instead of T.38? Has anyone tried this configuration before?

2- The requirement is for each CCM phone user to have its own fax line. Could the user fax number be the same as the phone number or do we need to use a different number for voice and fax calls?

3- We also have a Unity Voice Messaging already installed which can be upgraded to unified messaging if needed. Are there any advantages or additional funtionality if we integrate unity with the fax server?

Any help would be appriciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion