Hi all,

I am facing problem with sup720-3bxl in 7613 chassis

it shows disabled state and all led shows amber

attaching sh redundancy and dir all for reference

pl. help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mahesh,

There is something to be checked here now. As you mentioned your standby sup is showing COLD that means it is running in RPR mode and not SSO mode.

The only reason it will run RPR mode is when the 2 sups are not running the exact same image. I believe your standby sup is booted with different image then what you have on active sup.

In 6500 when you are running 2 sups the status of standby module will be displayed as

RPR - 'Show module' will show 'Cold'

RPR+ - 'Show module' will show 'Warm'

SSO - 'Show module' will show 'Hot'

So can you paste the output of "sh mod" and "sh boot" from your active sup?

Regards,

Ankur

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mahesh,

I belieeve you must have installed your 2 sup720s in slot 7 & 8 correct?

If yes the can you check the "sh mod" and confirm if the status is UNKNOWN? Can you console into the sup which is in that state and confirm if the sup is in rommon or boot loop?

Regards,

Ankur

hi ankur,

u r right

status shows as unknown by "sh mod"

and standby sup is in rommon mode

pl suggest a solution

Regards

and will reply again tomorrow

Thanks

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

If it is in rommon there can be a reason the boot statement configured does not match the IOS which you have on your bootflash or flash card.

So you can issue "boot disk0:" or "boot sup-bootflash:" and see if it boots up fine.

HTH

Ankur

Hi Mahesh

In addition to Ankur's reply make sure that you are pointing the boot statement on the redundant sup to a valid ios file available out there to avoid the same kinda behavior next time.

regds

Hi adwin and ankur,

thanks for your support,

my problem is get solved.

but my standby sup shows STANDBY COLD mode

moreover i am attaching sh run and dir all here. Based on this kindly guide me to do necessary to avoid such future mistake

regards

Hi Mahesh,

There is something to be checked here now. As you mentioned your standby sup is showing COLD that means it is running in RPR mode and not SSO mode.

The only reason it will run RPR mode is when the 2 sups are not running the exact same image. I believe your standby sup is booted with different image then what you have on active sup.

In 6500 when you are running 2 sups the status of standby module will be displayed as

RPR - 'Show module' will show 'Cold'

RPR+ - 'Show module' will show 'Warm'

SSO - 'Show module' will show 'Hot'

So can you paste the output of "sh mod" and "sh boot" from your active sup?

Regards,

Ankur

Spot on Ankur :-).

regds

issued "redundancy force switchover" and now problem get solved

I can boot with any of sup now

thanks a lot

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card