Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing DNS domain in CCM environment

ruben.montes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CCM 5.1 cluster working with name resolution (DNS) instead of IP addresses to resolve the CCM names. Now, the IT department wants me to chenge the DNS domain where the CCMs and the phones are located (the old domain is going to dissapear).

Is there any problem in doing such action? Do you know which is the porcedure to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

5 Replies 5

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

Although I am not a great fan of DNS (one more point of failure ...)

having said that changing the Domain name should not have affect on your Callmanager servers as long as

you are not changing the server DNS name itself. As we recommend your CCM servers not be

in Domain and be in workgroup to begin with.

Also update the LDAP configuration on CCM configuration and resync ldap

I saw your posting here regarding ccm 5.1. Is it possible to stage the servers offsite, unbox, run through the defaults, then when onsite, change the server name, IP address, etc for CCM?

Thanks!

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Current you cannot change the DNS name after installation. The same is mentioned under Table 7 in the Installation Guide for CallManager 5.1 http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_1/install/instcall/cmins511.htm#wp73128

If you change the DNS Domain for the CallManager, you would hit into CSCsi15978 and CSCsi13784. These bugs should be fixed in CallManager 5.1.2

Good to know about the bugs ...thanks Mahesh

While looking at the bugs ..I see that they take affect if the servers were installed with no domain name

see the line below from the bug release notes

"Server publisher was installed with no domain name"

Was wondering if these bug would still apply if we are changing DNS name (I mean server was installed with DNS)and we only need to change it ) ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: