cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can i give multi vlan acess give on switchport

upendra07
Level 1
Level 1

can i give multi vlan access give on switchport. I have lot of anused points. I want to shutdown it. There is command for this.

4 Replies 4

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Upendra,

Your question was not very clear. Do you want to shut down multiple interface with one command? If thats what you want you can use range command something like this

config t

interface range fa0/1 - 10

shut

remember to use "space" between 1 "space" -"space"10.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

dear

I want to know can give multi vlan access on switchport.i have one port is not use second is used how can i use this command.

Hi Upendra,

I believe you want to have one port to ba a prt of multiple vlans? Is that correct?

If yes you can configure trunk port and allow all vlans which you want that interface to ba a part of.

Something like this

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

swithport mode trunk

In all new switches and IOS other than trunk configuration there is no way you can assign single interface with multiple vlans.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

yes you can do this. make this as a trunk port. and this port will carry all vlan information and can be member of any vlan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: