cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to connect keysystem/pbx

shaila_rox
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys i m new to voip and just started my cvoice, i have a confusion plz help me out

1) if i want to connect a pbx/keysystem with a CO switch over analog lines then wat type of interfaces will be used at both end ?? i m asking this coz in cvoice book its written that if u want to connect keysystem to CO switch thru analog trunk lines the signalling used will be winkstart and all does that mean that the cards will also be E&m trunk cards ??? am i right in this ??

2) wat are the possible ways of connecting pbx/keysystem with a CO switch ( i mean physical interfaces and the signalling )

plz tell me in a bit detail coz i m very much confused

thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

PBX/key systems can be connected to CO with a variety of types of lines. The most common is "regular phone line". Do not assume a given signalin will be used because this varies from place to place.

Then there are lines for DID, and other types more adeguate for professional use that are digital, like T1 CAS, ISDN BRI and PRI.

hi sir thanks for ur reply but can u plz explain it in a bit more detail coz i didnt get it my main confusion is that if i m to connect a pbx/keysystem to a co switch how will i do it ?? i want to know abt the analog approach, like wat type of interfaces and signalling are possible, can u plz explain me in detail here or at my id or plz refer me a doc or site that addresses these issues, plz help me out

Hi, are you needing this for studying a cisco exam, or other type of course ?

There should be telephony books available at your library that may be easier to read than stuff you search on the internet.

Small pbx, keysystem or router are connected with regular lines to telco. Bigger ones uses digital.

hi sir i m needing this for cvoice, see i have completed my first chapter but still not able to understand the analog connections b/w pbx and co switch, i m narrowing my question, can u plz tell me that if i want to connect a pbx with a co switch what are the possible ways of doing it ?? like wat interfaces will be used at both end ? wat signalling ? somewhere its written that groundstart signalling is used and somehere its written that i have to use E&M interfaces so wat shall i conclude, i really dont have any other book besides cvoice and voip fundamentals, if u could plz refer me a site or answer me anyhow i will really be grateful

thanks in advance