cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Printing Cisco Devives Configuration

willsdre01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, it is great to have you u there.I am the infrastructure manager in NigeriaNet.

Please , how can i print the configuration on my cisco router.Please can u help me out on this.i highly appreciate doing that for me

7 Replies 7

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

In priviliged exec (enable) mode (your promtp is with #) do the "show running" command and you will see the running config. With "show startup" you will see the config saved in the nvram.

Hi Kerek,

What i need really is how to print the configuration for the router from the show run command.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

If you just want to view the configuration then from enable mode

router# sh run

will display the config to your screen which you can cut and paste into a notepad if you want.

The other way is to copy the config to a tftp server. You will need a tftp server and then from enable mode again

router# copy run tftp

HTH

Jon

thanks for your respond,i did the cut and paste but i could not cut/copy it.And i don have a tftp server,please how do i go about it.

Hi,

As Jon has said do the "show run" and then press the space bar until you got all the configuration listed (the configuration is displayed to fit the screen then you just push space bar to get the rest).

After all the configuration is there, just copy it (if you are using windows telnet on XP you'll need to choose mark first) and then paste it into a .txt notepad file.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi

If you have hyperterminal on your windows desktop you can telnet in with that rather than using a DOS prompt. Under the "Transfer" option along the top you can use "Capture text" which allows you to specify a file on your PC. You then do a "sh run" and then go back and "end capture". The file you specified will have the config in it.

HTH

Jon

It really depends on what emulator you use , if you use something like Tera Term just use the log function , specify where you want to put the file , do a sh runn , when done close the TT log box . Then open the file with wordpad and you can print it from there .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco