Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS in VMWare (Presence Server)

torsten.brink
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Forum,

I tried to install a presence server into a vmware for testing purposes. The installation of the OS and network settings works fine, but the installation of the application hangs and there is no more reaction of the system (but almost 100% cpu usage).

Are there any hints to solve the problem?

Best regards

Torsten

7 Replies 7

jjfoster
Level 1
Level 1

Torsten,

try using a different LINUX kernal - try "other" - this worked for us anyway.

Regards Jim.

Hi Jim,

thanks for your tip. I?ll try it and give you feedback.

Regards

Torsten

Hi Jim,

I have still the same problem and always at the same point (see screenshot). The system hangs at this installation process.

Regards

Torsten

Hi,

Did you success in you instalation.

I also want install presence on VMWARE server.

Can you please provide me with summary steps?

Thanks.

CUP 103 should install just fine with VMWare as long as you are allocating enough disk space and RAM to the VMWare image for the install. I use 72GB and 2GB for the install. You can drop your RAM after the install, but the app will suffer.

As a sideline, I would look to stay away from CUP103. CUP602 has been released and a clean install will install in VMWare natively and it will also give you 2 Presence Engine licenses and 2 Proxy licenses. This is not a supported production environment, but will work in a lab environment.

Take a look at the CUP602 release notes. Talk to your local Cisco partner about obtaining the media for CUP602 as well.

HTH.

Thank you,

Jon Nelson

Hi Jon,

thanks for your great response. I've also made the experience that you'll need a lot of HDD space, I tried an installation with 1gb ram and it works fine.

So thank's again...

Bye

Torsten

Hi does anyone have the vmare settings that were used ?I run it ok but cannot log into rthe system even thought the password is correct from expereince it is always the vmware settings that causes this apreciated ?

thanks

Henry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: