Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pix Guru's

Whats the exact ASA 5505 replacement of PIX-506E-BUN-K9

11 Replies 11

1cmerchant
Level 1
Level 1

The part number which I've been ordering is 'ASA5505-BUN-K9'.

Carl

if I use 'ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9' for a remote office with 24 users, any limitations with it?

If there is a DMZ going to be present in the remote office(for some odd reason) you would have limited feature on it. There are some more limitations if you don't choose a security plus license. But it looks fine for those 24 users.

-Hoogen

Thank you. My installation is just simple.

I have a cisco 3560 for the LAN connecting to the Pix then 1800 router then to WAN.

Your requirement would be satisfied with the 5505 ASA box. But keep in mind that your concurrent sessions would be restricted to 10000 without the security plus licence in 506E you have 25000 concurent sessions.

All the best installing.

-Hoogen

I also want to replace 'PIX-515E-UR-FE-BUN' with an ASA5510, which is the best version/part no. to replace this?

Hi,

This would be your ASA part code ASA5510-BUN-K9. But remember that your interfaces are only about 3 + 1 Management interface. Only if you get your security plus license you get 5 interfaces.

-Hoogen

Thanks.

What I was fearing in the 5505 was 8ports whether they can link to a LAN switch and there limitation of connection

Limitation of the connections should be taken care. Not to worry about the FW having to connect to Inside LAN Switch.

-Hoogen

Do rate helpful posts :)

Anthony Mile
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have ASA5510-CSC10-K9,an anti-X/spy with 1yr subscription. the subscription yr is over and want to extend the subscription period.which is the correct part no. for the 1yr subscription

Hi!

If you ask this kind of information to your Cisco Partner or Reseller he will know the right answer. Am i right?

Regards,

JP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card