Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring WebVPN connections

clausonna
Level 3
Level 3

Hi folks.

I'm planning on rolling-out WebVPN functionality on our ASA's, but wanted to be able to monitor usage during the initial pilot and thereafter. I'm interested in # of current connections, Total # of connections (e.g. High water mark), and hopefully the users that connected.

Does the newly-released CSM 3.1 provide this functionality via the Management Center for Performance? If not, where should I be looking?

Thank.s

2 Replies 2

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

The SSL VPN for the ASA of the CSM configuration guide will help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6498/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00807e8659.html

Thanks for the link, but I'm already comfortable with the configuration aspect of WebVPN / SSLVPN.

What I'm really concerned with is the subsequent monitoring of the VPN 'service' after its deployed. CSM has an add-on called the Management Center for Performance (MCP). Its used to track router and VPN device stats (CPU, Memory, etc) as well as IPSec tunnels, Top users, Top VPN interfaces, etc.

I really want to know if MCP can monitor WebVPN statistics. I think I'll have to open a TAC case on this one.

Thanks anyways. I'll post any results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: