Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring WebVPN connections

clausonna
Level 3
Level 3

Hi folks.

I'm planning on rolling-out WebVPN functionality on our ASA's, but wanted to be able to monitor usage during the initial pilot and thereafter. I'm interested in # of current connections, Total # of connections (e.g. High water mark), and hopefully the users that connected.

Does the newly-released CSM 3.1 provide this functionality via the Management Center for Performance? If not, where should I be looking?

Thank.s

2 Replies 2

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

The SSL VPN for the ASA of the CSM configuration guide will help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6498/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00807e8659.html

Thanks for the link, but I'm already comfortable with the configuration aspect of WebVPN / SSLVPN.

What I'm really concerned with is the subsequent monitoring of the VPN 'service' after its deployed. CSM has an add-on called the Management Center for Performance (MCP). Its used to track router and VPN device stats (CPU, Memory, etc) as well as IPSec tunnels, Top users, Top VPN interfaces, etc.

I really want to know if MCP can monitor WebVPN statistics. I think I'll have to open a TAC case on this one.

Thanks anyways. I'll post any results.