Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Congested AP Channels

Hey, got a question....I have several 1231 in an area and I can not make due with the 3 channels allowed with 802.11g WLAN. I have the option of throttling one or two back to eliminate the overlap, but I was also wondering if it was possible to turn a few into repeaters to solve the issue. So therefore there's my question, can channel conflicts still exist between AP-root and Repeater-nonroot?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Yes. Both radios will still be in 2.4 GHz space . Do the 1231s have "a" radios? if not, the bridge will be across the same channel

I take it that you are running them in autonomous mode & not using a WLC to control them via LWAPP. You will have to do some tweaking with the channels & power then.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Yes. Both radios will still be in 2.4 GHz space . Do the 1231s have "a" radios? if not, the bridge will be across the same channel

I take it that you are running them in autonomous mode & not using a WLC to control them via LWAPP. You will have to do some tweaking with the channels & power then.

Yes you are correct about being Autonomous mode, I guess I will begin the power tweaking. Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card