cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.2 Agent Interaction via Remote Desktop

mcvosi
Level 1
Level 1

I'm noticing some nuances after upgrading a couple of my servers to 5.2. If I connect to a server via Remote Desktop that has been upgraded to 5.2, I am unable to interact with the agent the same way I was with 5.1. For example, I am not able to right click on the tray icon to disable the security. I've done a rule comparison of the 5.1 and 5.2 agent UI rule, but I am not seeing any differences to warrant the behavior I'm seeing.

9 Replies 9

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

I've had this happen before.

Try running this from a command prompt:

mstsc -v:servername /F -console

If that doesn't work, make sure there is an Agent UI control rule associated with the server group. You need one in order to get the Agent UI.

Tom

Yeah, no problem when I use the console switch, but I was just curious as to why Cisco changed the behavior.

We'll see if someone from Cisco replies.

I could be wrong but I think it's always been that way. I've had it happen since 4.0.1.

And my memory could also be faulty...

Tom

Mine as well. I could have made a change when I migrated to 5.1, but who knows.

I'll keep playing with it.

I got around to re-installing the agent and it works as expected. So, there's something flaky here...

I was reading the 5.2 user guide and saw that it was supposed to work as you expected it to.

It has always worked for me, I just never thought about it.

My memory is definitely flaky...

Tom

Well, I spoke too soon. I attempted to do another server and it's got the same problem. Now the difference between the one that works and the one that doesn't is the service pack version. The one that works is on SP1, and the one that doesn't is running SP2. So, it appears that there may be an issue with SP2 and CSA 5.2.

mark_mason
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds like a similar issue in which the agent appears to be disabled when RDP'd into the server, however, the service is actually running. When I RDP using the console switch, it appears as it should. I have a TAC case open and this issue is supposed to be resolved with the next 5.2 patch due out any day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: