cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 506e and Moneris Debit Terminals

maury_macdonald
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, newbish to cisco stuff, just put in a new 506e. Everything is working so far, except now my high speed debit/credit terminals will not communicate through the router. Moneris says port 443 has to be "open". Well, it is, isn't it? I can check my account balance online, which is a secure https connection, with no problems. Do i need to create 2 specific rules to allow traffic on that port to those terminals?

Thank you for your time.

Maury

8 Replies 8

laurent.geyer
Level 1
Level 1

What's the direction of the TCP/443 traffic? From the outside to the inside or from the inside to the outside?

Well, thats a good question. I'm assuming its outside to inside, which should have no issues. We swipe the debit card, and it contacts a server somewhere, then sends back a reply. But, its not communicating properly, so it reverts to the dial backup. I can ping from the terminal, but its communication to its server is not functioning.

What does your NAT setup look like?

sh nat

sh global

Feel free to sanitize the output if you need to.

Not much to sanitize really :)

sh nat

nat (inside) 0 access-list inside_outbound_nat0_acl

nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

sh global

global (outside) 1 interface

"Well, thats a good question. I'm assuming its outside to inside, which should have no issues."

I beleive i meant "inside to outside", sorry if that caused any confusion.

So it's...

Terminals -> Inside PIX -> Outside PIX -> Internet -> Server

Is this traffic from the terminal to server go over vpn or is that nat exemption for something else?

I have a VPN setup using the Pix and the cisco VPN client. This will be for my remote users to use for remote access so i can lock down the rdp ports currently used.

Looks like it was an issue with one of my wireless bridges not getting rebooted after the new router install.

Thanks for the effort though!

Maury

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card