cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2900 Series XL CLI Problem

EdRiZzLe13
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, our company bought a few 2900 switches off of another company last year and we never got around to using them until now. Bootup and POST seems to be fine, all necessary lights are working correctly. SYSTEM light is green. I have my console cable plugged in from the switch to the COM port on my PC. When I try to access CLI via HyperTerminal, I get nothing. No prompt or anything. Ive kept default settings, such as Flow Control and even Bits per second. Anyone have any suggestions? By the way, its the same way for all 3 switches (i.e. same problem).

Thanks alot for your feedback!

Eric

3 Replies 3

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

What is the default baud rate you have set on your hyper terminal? I hope you might have set it as 9600? If yes just try changing the baud rate to different settings as you never know if it is changed by users in old company.

Also if you still do not get anything then try changing console cable and if still no luck then I am afraid switches console ports might have gone bad.

HTH

Ankur

Hey thanks for fast response. Yes the rates are set to 9600, I will try different rates and then post the results. Thanks!

Eric

The settings are 9600,8,n,1 , no flow control . Also get a good emulator like Tera Term off the web for free its a lot easier than trying to use Hyperterm . What are you using for a console cable ???

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card