Best backup for remote IPCC call center with onsite CCM

Unanswered Question

I have a situation where I have about 50 remote agents fed off of a IPCC express and 50 local agents. The remote agents have their own trunks and CCM sub using the distributed processing model. I am trying to figure out the best way to give some backup if the wan link to the IPCC/CCM publisher goes down. I have considered hunt groups and attendant console (since it gives queueing).

My concern with using the attendant console is the fact that it requires the phones be associated with the ac user. I am not sure if this will impact the IPCC during normal operation. Also I see no way for the call to go to another phone if the person does not answer.

On the hunt group I guess the limitation is no queueing for one and I had a concern if agents would be able to log in and out of the group if the connection to the pub was lost.

Does onyone have any comments or suggestions on these issues?

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
thisisshanky Mon, 05/14/2007 - 10:11
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Since you have a subscriber already at the remote site, your best option is to use huntgroups as backup. If you only had a router at remote site running SRST, i would have suggested using CME with SRST fallback mode. Then you can use BACD and huntgroups in CME. When wan link fails, phones register to local router and you can set up BACD to play IVR prompts and queue calls.

There is no problem in associating a phone with multiple users. So you definitely can have an IPCC phone associated with ac user.

With CM 4.2 you can do Hunt group login/logout. Although you wont have any IVR.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts@!

Actions

This Discussion