cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Launching a new script from a running script in IPCC Express 4.0.5

pbogomolnyi
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to launch a script from an already running script. I need to start multiple instances of a callback script from a master script. Is there a way to create an HTTP request from a script that would kick off another script and pass some data into the new script?

Thanks.

Pavel Bogomolnyi

3 Replies 3

bmateev
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it is possible but you'll need to write your own step in java that executes an HTTP Post or if you're running Premium Edition you can script it through Java in the script editor - a little bit messier.

--Borislav

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

You can use the "Call Subflow" expression. For example, if you want to set the variable X and Y from two different scripts, it should look like this:

X=Call Subflow ("YourFirstScript.aef",variableX)

Y=Call Subflow ("YourSecondScript.aef",variableY)

Not sure of the layout but it should be possible like that. try to adapt it with your http requests.

cheers.

jp

I agree with JP on the above post. Call flow you will see input variables and output variables where you can map some variables from one sript calling other script.

We have done that at one of our designing where in one script i was calling other script via "call subflow" and mapping the variables from there.

For Eg i have created variable "X" as string and passing the variable as parameter in main script.

And in sub flow i have Variable "Y" as string and again i am passing the variable as parameter in sub script.

Now if i want to pass my information from X to Y, all i need to do is goto Call subflow input mapping..

under "sources" i need to put "X" and under "subflow destination" i need to put "Y"

It worked for me. I hope you are looking for something like this only.

Else please explain your need.

Thanks,

Daljeet

PS : Please donot forgot to Rate the post if helpfull.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: