cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Policy ASA 5510 7.2.2

delawarecity
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have ip Inspect, IPS(with SSM) and QOS on the same global Policy and have them all work at the same time? It seems from what I have read I can have multiple matches to the global policy, however the ADSM doesn't seem to be able to set it up. I can do it from the command line but, just want to make sure that all three will work at the same time not just one of the three. Also, is there a best pratices guide for the ASA? Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can have multiple entries in your global policy - but you need to read the following to be clear on the behaviour:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008063f0f8.html#wp1728279

ASDM doesn't implement the complete ASA command set, and as you've found there are some things you can't do in ASDM...

I don't think there is a "best practice" guide as such for the ASA - best practice is usually just to have a very clear security policy and make sure your ASA implements it. (There are plenty of best practice guides for security on CCO - you should be able to adapt them to your own environment)

HTH

Andrew.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: