cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mapped Drives not mounting

jstabl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Users are complaining that their drives are not being mounted with a script that automatically runs as the user logs in. This makes sense since I am using EAP-Fast authentication and the computer does not have an IP address until after the user logs in. The work around I am using is to log off and back on to force the cached script to run and that does work but it is very annoying.

Is there any work around for this issue or something I can do to help the users out?

I am using Autonomous AP 1200 with Windows 2000 and XP clients all are joined to an Active Directory infrastructure.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Hi there,

the problem lays as you so rightly point at in the fact that a connection is not rearly established untill after a client logs on. A client of ours that had this problem resolved it by installing an Intel wireless card as their client software supports pre-logon profiles. How this works is that you can define and setup a profile that runs before the user logs on and hense alows logon scripts to run!

Not too sure of this can be done in Active Directory group policy but i will have a look and post back if it can be.

Hope that this helps

Mark

*Pls rate all useful posts

Not to sure if you are usuing the active direcotry wirless network group policy but this is an interesting document. Try using the "Computer only". When this option is selected, authentication is always performed using the computer credentials. User authentication is never performed

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/5506eeef-9e91-4cab-8e1e-3efb504d1b471033.mspx?mfr=true

Cheer Mark

*Pls rate all useful posts

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

Try with machine authentication. After the computer passes the machine authentication, it get network connection before log on. It works great with us.

Hope it helps.

Zhenning

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card