No more MTP resources available

Unanswered Question
May 14th, 2007

I am getting the following error in my event logs of our subscriber server running call manager4.2(3)sr1 and OS version 200.4.1. We are having problems calling internally to them and also 10 digit dialing them. Whenever we try to call them we get a busy signal. The problem is very intermittent, sometimes we are able to get through, other times we get a busy signal. Any ideas what this error message means?

Event Type: Error

Error: MtpNoMoreResourcesAvailable - No more MTP resources available.

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

Explanation: MTP resource is not available.

Recommended Action: Install additional MTP or transcoder resources..

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gogasca Mon, 05/14/2007 - 11:29

This error normally means a codec negotitation problem.

If using MOH select all codecs under Service Parameters for IPVMS service.

The test is IP to IP Phone call or something is in the middle? like IPCC etc...

tylermusser Mon, 05/14/2007 - 12:24

We had one of our Cisco techs out changing our codec to 729 externally and 711 internally. All of our other subscribers are working properly. I wasn't there when he set it up. Any ideas what I can do to check if thats the problem?

gogasca Mon, 05/14/2007 - 12:28

Check Region configuration.

And if H323, SIP check voip dial-peers and codecs configured.

tylermusser Mon, 05/14/2007 - 12:53

I checked the region configuration, all the locations appear to be consistent. I checked the SIP and the H323, but aren't those values clusterwide? so If its working on all the other subscribers why would there be a problem with only one of them?

gogasca Mon, 05/14/2007 - 15:25

I would gather ccm detailed trace to narrow down the problem and see what exactly is happening

tylermusser Tue, 05/15/2007 - 04:01

Well we had to contact the cisco rep who did the codec changes for us. It seems that there were several issues all at once. First we were having problems with our PRI going up and down and secondly useres kept getting bandwidth errors because the router was misconfigured to 256k instead of unlimited. Once we got those resolved the calls started working again. Thanks so much for all of your help!

This Discussion