Unity install on HP 380 G5

Unanswered Question
May 14th, 2007
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

I'm installing Unity on an non MCS box. My question is what raid would I use and also how would I set up drives.

I have found documentation stating that I need to use 2X 1 Raid from document below. What is Raid 2X 1?

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps2237/c1650/cdccont_0900aecd802132ef.pdf

Also what drives should I use. Should I create a C: for windows and a D: for Unity commserver or a different configuration. If I was installing from the Unity OS how would the drives be set up? Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
mchandak Mon, 05/14/2007 - 11:55
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Raid 1 means Disk Mirroring. Where it uses 2 HDD and creates a Identical copy of the data on the other drive. So, the doc refers to creating you disk mirrors as this server would have 4 Hard drives.

Regarding the install, it is a good idea to use c for windows only and install Unity (CommServer) on D Drive. Also, it is recommended to have a 8 GB C Drive.

Incase exchange is going to be installed on the same server, you should use the 2nd Raid mirror and use that drive as a message store

thisisshanky Mon, 05/14/2007 - 12:29
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

On HP servers you can create this using the integrated software tool. Hit F8 when you get to that on bootup screen.

Actions

This Discussion