Transcoding

Answered Question

I have a customer which has 2 sites. Site A has all the CCM, Unity Connection & IPCCX servers with no users nor IP Phones, while Site B has all the users, phones and the two 3825 Voice Gateways. Site A & Site B are linked by WAN only.

I have setup 2 regions for each of Site A & B, specifing 'codec to other region' will be G729 while 'codec within region is G.711'.

Now, both of my Voice Gateways on the site with all the IP Phones, do i still need to apply 'transcoding' on the Voice Gateways to do G729 across WAN? Or will G729 work automatically between the two sites without the transcoding?

Thanks,

Hunt

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rseiler about 9 years 8 months ago

Most of the queuing or IVR functions of IPCC require a G.711 codec. You pick the prompt format when you install IPCC, which did you select? The IPCC SRND gives some good guidance on this.

Correct Answer by gogasca about 9 years 8 months ago

Normmaly Cisco GWs support G729 which IP Phones also support...hence no Xcoding will be needed

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
gogasca Mon, 05/14/2007 - 17:51

Normmaly Cisco GWs support G729 which IP Phones also support...hence no Xcoding will be needed

Correct Answer
rseiler Tue, 05/15/2007 - 11:54

Most of the queuing or IVR functions of IPCC require a G.711 codec. You pick the prompt format when you install IPCC, which did you select? The IPCC SRND gives some good guidance on this.

erickdelcastillo Sun, 06/03/2007 - 19:28

Hi,

While can, always avoid to do transcoding, you can reduce the MOS in a significant amount.

Actions

This Discussion