Sending CFWDB / CFWDNA / CFWDNC to Unity Call Handler

Unanswered Question
May 14th, 2007
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

We have about 100 7921 IP Phones being deployed. The phones will be used by staff on a rotating basis without extension mobility, so they don't have voicemail boxes associated with each extension.

In some cases, the phones may be offline due to being out of wireless coverage, or just powered down. Rather than just give a fast busy, what we'd like to do redirect to a Unity Call Handler which says for example "The phone you are trying to reach is currently offline", and then hangs up.

I've got the handlers setup in Unity, but when CallManager does the transfer, it appears to preserve the original number. I've played with the settings under "Forward Call Information Display" for each phone, but that doesn't seem to matter.

I know this can be fixed by instead redirecting to a subscriber and configuring them all as alternate extensions, but a Call Handler would work a lot better. Is it possible to do this? If not, would redirecting to an IPCC Express server work?

CCM 4.1(3), Unity 4.0(5), IPCC Express 4.0(4)

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
thisisshanky Mon, 05/14/2007 - 20:14
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Try creating a voicemail profile and apply it to the 7921 phones. In the voicemail profile, mask the number to the call handlers number.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

johnnylingo Tue, 05/15/2007 - 09:01
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

That works...had to create a Hunt Pilot for corresponding the Voice mail Pilot, but not a big deal.

I'd really like to have different messages for busy, no answer, and no coverage though (helps a lot with troubleshooting), so might shoot these through IPCC instead.

Actions

This Discussion